Data Engineer, Analytics
Our more experienced data engineers are clearly characterized by in-depth technical experience and proven progression in leadership responsibility. If you have an interest in being responsible for the dynamics of a fast-paced environment, this is the right role for you. You will be working on many projects at a time, but also focused on the details while finding creative ways to pursue big picture challenges. Actively mentor team members to effectively collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad variety of audiences.
DATA ENGINEER, ANALYTICS RESPONSIBILITIES
- As lead, you will need to immerse yourself in all aspects of the product, understand the problems, and tie them back to data engineering solutions.
- Analytical mindset to understand business needs, and come up with engineering solutions that scale to answer broad problems across the organization balancing complexity and simplicity.
- Software engineering mindset and ability to write elegant, maintainable code, and follow engineering best practices.
- Be comfortable outside of your comfort zone - explore new tech, tackling hard problems that others struggle to solve.
- Communicate to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions.
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 4+ years experience working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- 7+ years experience in writing SQL and ETL processes.
- 4+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- 7+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Experienced in Data Warehousing and Data Modeling.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Scala, or Python).
- Experience building analytical Data Products.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Enablement Solutions Partner- People Data Solutions
Menlo Park, CA
- Data Science Manager, SBG
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Data Scientist, Analytics - New Product Experimentation
Menlo Park, CA
- Marketing Science Partner, GSO Coverage
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Marketing Science Program Manager
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Program Manager, Business Planning and Operations - SBG
Austin, TX + 2 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top