Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about data? Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of products that impact the lives of over 800 million people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you! Data and associated analytics play a huge role in the success of Facebook. We have diverse business needs and very large-scale data. This makes it a wonderful and exciting challenge to provide scalable, actionable, reliable and timely data for our company.
In this role, youâ€™ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. Youâ€™ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business and engineering problems, at a scale that few companies can match. You will do so by partnering with (internal) stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
This is a full time position based in our office in Singapore.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a business vertical or a group of business verticals
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models and ETL processes in production
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations
- BS/B.Tech./M.Tech in Computer Science, Math or related field
- 2+ years hands-on experience in the data warehouse space, custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years hands-on experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Strong data architecture, data modeling, schema design and effective project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience in leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Experience with large data sets, Hadoop, and data visualization tools
- Ability to initiate and drive projects, and communicate data warehouse plans to internal clients/stakeholders
Back to top