(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about data? Do you like working with big data? If yes, we want to talk to you! Data and associated analytics play a huge role in the success of Facebook. We have diverse business needs and very large-scale data. This makes it a wonderful and exciting challenge to provide scalable, actionable, reliable and timely data for our company.
In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business and engineering problems, at a scale that few companies can match. You will do so by partnering with stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
The perfect candidate for this role will have strong data modeling or distributed systems skills alongside strong programming skills with a solid understanding of SQL.
This is a full-time position based in our office in London (UK).
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Posted: 24th May 2018 Closing date: 24th June 2018
(This is an overview of the job and will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the responsibilities required of the post holder. Your line manager will discuss with you personally specific detail relating to the responsibilities contained in this job description)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models and ETL processes in production
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- BS/B.Tech./M.Tech in Computer Science, Math or related field
- A highly proficient programmer that can code complex algorithms that traverse multiple data structure types in highly optimized manner to be performant in a "big data" environment.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with SQL, especially in the area of data aggregation
- Strong in one of the following areas -
- Data modeling skills for both upstream operational systems and data warehouse fact / dimensional data modeling.
- Distributed systems processing in the area of data ingestion and data distribution
- Experience with large data sets ideally in a presto / Hadoop environment
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- Can communicate clearly to engineering peers
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top