Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As an Engineer at Facebook, you'll be working on building a highly efficient and fault tolerant data pipeline to transport critical data between our external and internal sites. You will also be architecting and building the next generation of manufacturing software. The ideal candidate is an experienced Engineer who has spent time working with large-scale, complex, multi-component software systems.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Singapore.
- Help design and implement high quality and optimized manufacturing management software in Python.
- Help design, implement, and manage data pipelines from end-to-end.
- Champion overall up-time, resolving application, performance, and systems incidents and errors as quickly as possible.
- Own our operational strategies around disaster recovery, migration, roll-back, expansion, routine deployments, and system upgrades.
- Evaluate the latest monitoring tools and automation systems.
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years software engineering experience (ideally in Python).
- 2+ years of SQL experience (MySQL, Hive, etc).
- Experience in the design, deployment, and maintenance of large data pipelines.
- Experience in solving optimization problems.
- Strong attention to detail and solid communication skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top