Data Centre Construction Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Construction Manager to manage multi-phased data center construction projects at our new data center campus in Odense, Denmark. Construction Manager must be experienced in leading teams, managing contractors, coordinating and communicating with internal stakeholders and cross functional teams. This position is full-time and located in Odense, Denmark. However, the project locations will be spread across EMEA. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
- Manage the construction of a multi-phased data center project as the owner's representative.
- Manage on-site construction management and support team.
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders.
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates in coordination with project controls team and third-party cost management and quantity surveying company.
- Assist project controls team on monthly forecasting for all project related costs.
- Work with Sourcing and Procurement team on equipment procurement and delivery process.
- Provide weekly project status report (i.e. financial, schedule, Q/C).
- Manage warranty work program for existing data center buildings.
- Provide construction consulting services to internal partners and other cross functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent degree and/or minimum of 8+ years professional experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Data center development and construction experience is preferable.
- Familiar with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Knowledge of construction management, capital budget, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations.
- Should possess knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations.
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to provide solutions to complex problems under pressure.
- Must have effective written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Must be familiar with MS Project, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top