Data Centre Chef
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is currently seeking a Chef to join our Culinary Team. The Chef is responsible for the leadership of the kitchen by managing and overseeing the activities of the entire kitchen. Directly supervises all kitchen personnel with the responsibility for hiring, training, employee development. The Chef will also conduct performance evaluations and salary recommendations. As Chef you are expected to maintain high standards by establishing food specifications and adhering to those specifications via recipes, portion control, presentation, and sanitation. Accountability for the financial aspects of the F&B department ensuring a profitable operation. The Chef promotes constant harmony and positive, constructive communication with the café in order to move forward in establishing a pleasant workplace. Position Type: Monday – Friday.
- Develops menus, plans, cooks, and manages breakfast, lunch, and dinner for employees
- Has knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Develops and tests recipes, techniques for food preparation and presentation
- Oversees menu development, food quality through purchasing quality products, multi-cultural cuisine, Halal/kosher foods, etc
- Possess ability to supervise and or assign training for kitchen staff
- Possess ability to plan a variety of menus on a daily basis
- Possess the knowledge of food supplies, equipment and services, ordering and inventory control
- Establishes, manages, and maintains all vendor relationships
- Consult with Facebook’s catering/Event Coordinator on a weekly basis as well as with other departments if necessary
- Other duties may be necessary
- Culinary school graduate
- 4-5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous management preferred
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments/operation
- Must have and maintain relevant culinary certificate and HACCP certificates.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top