Data Center Technician
(Fort Worth, TX)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Center Technician to join the Site Operations Team. This position is full-time and will be based in Fort Worth, TX.
- Install a large, scalable inventory of servers, switches, routers, and storage hardware
- Diagnose hardware issues and repair or upgrade as required
- Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Handle incoming shipments and track server assets through deployment
- Use and maintain server automation and installation tools
- Automate and refine processes
- Create documentation for the Site Operations knowledge base
- Follow and improve data center best practices
- Track issues and run reports
- Lead independent projects.
- 4+ years experience in data center deployment and building scaling infrastructure
- A minimum of 3 years of increasing responsibility in any of the following specific areas:
- Network installation and troubleshooting
- Mass storage installation and maintenance
- Data center layout and design
- Team leadership and project management
- Experience in Data center practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
- Certification such as CCNA, RHCT or equivalent experience
- Experience working with server/network hardware and Linux OS
- Communication skills
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs on a daily basis
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top