Data Center Technician
(Forest City, NC)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Center Technician to join the Site Operations Team. This position is full-time and will be based in Forest City, NC.
- Install a large, scalable inventory of servers, switches, routers, and storage hardware
- Diagnose hardware issues and repair or upgrade as required
- Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Handle incoming shipments and track server assets through deployment
- Use and maintain server automation and installation tools
- Automate and refine processes
- Create documentation for the Site Operations knowledge base
- Follow and improve data center best practices
- Track issues and run reports
- Lead independent projects.
- 4+ years experience in data center deployment and building scaling infrastructure
- A minimum of 3 years of increasing responsibility in any of the following specific areas
- Network installation and troubleshooting
- Mass storage installation and maintenance
- Data center layout and design
- Team leadership and project management
- Experience in Data center practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
- Certification such as CCNA, RHCT or equivalent experience
- Experience working with server/network hardware and Linux OS
- Communication skills
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs on a daily basis
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top