Data Center Technical Operations and Site Manager
(Santa Clara, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to lead and scale our Data Center in Santa Clara, California. Our data centers, and the tens of thousands of servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. As the Santa Clara Data Center Site Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the data center. This role is located in Santa Clara, CA.
- Manage the Data Center Operations Team responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of server hardware in Santa Clara.
- Work closely with our partners to successfully drive and proactively manage facility maintenance activities along with many other outsourced services.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including with Hardware Engineering, Data Center Design and Facility Operations teams.
- Work with peer organizations to assist with issues associated with network operations, project management and supply chain operations.
- Mentor Leads such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision.
- Develop both the technical capabilities and leadership qualities of individual contributors.
- Find creative ways to keep operating costs to a minimum.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and efficient processes.
- Tracking issues, reporting and managing key metrics.
- 10+ years of management of technology operations, including datacenter operations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on, startup environment.
- Experienced in personnel management, staffing, and scheduling for a 24/7 environment.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction.
- Understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure.
- Understanding of network and cabling infrastructure.
- Experienced in project management.
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations.
- Communication skills.
- Experience speaking at public events.
- Approximately 25% travel required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top