Data Center Site Selection Project Coordinator
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Locating, developing and managing this data center infrastructure the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency. Facebook is seeking an experienced, efficient and energetic Project Coordinator to join the Data Center Site Selection team and help the Site Selection Team manage its rapidly scaling portfolio of data center projects. A strong Data Center Project Coordinator candidate has experience in project coordination on large scale infrastructure projects, a keen ability to think both tactically and analytically, and the skills to develop and implement scalable solutions that optimize our delivery process. The Data Center Project Coordinator is proactive, results driven and detail-oriented. An ability to communicate effectively, form partnerships and drive processes (both internal and external) is a requirement for this position. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Support the Site Selection Program Managers in key operational aspects of the site selection process including project setup, controls, due diligence, data management, project research, and transition support.
- Own project data gathering and organization to internal teams including data management around vendor onboarding, purchase order support and troubleshooting, project entity formation and budget and accounting forecasting and coordination.
- Support the Site Selection team in creating scalable processes and organizing tools, relieving pain points in existing operational processes, and tracking progress towards on-time delivery of projects by developing new tooling and finding broader utility in existing tooling.
- Support the preparation of project recommendation materials for presentation to leadership team for approval.
- Support due diligence and site selection efforts by researching, compiling and analyzing data on prospective sites, and gathering other ad hoc data as needed to support site decision process.
- Support project intake and handoffs and their associated materials to ensure a smooth transition to other project partners.
- Support the entitlements process to ensure accurate and timely submission and execution of the necessary site entitlements and permits to meet project timelines.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (10% of time).
- Bachelor's degree in a business, civil engineering or technical discipline
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders
- Experience working on analytical projects
- Experience conducting research and data analysis
- Experience with Excel, project management software such as MPP or P6, and PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- 3+ years of project coordination and/or contracts management experience on large-scale physical infrastructure projects
- Experience in project controls, process improvement and project reporting
- Experience in a data center infrastructure environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top