Data Center Site Selection Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Locating, developing and managing this data center infrastructure the “right” way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency. Facebook is seeking an experienced, organized and outgoing program manager to join the Data Center Site Selection team and help manage its rapidly scaling leased and owned data center property portfolio. A strong Site Selection Program Manager candidate has a keen ability to think both strategically and analytically, to dive into the details and also assess projects from a global view, and to develop out-of-the-box solutions and navigate the challenges that accompany projects of large magnitude and scale. The Site Selection Program Manager is also tenacious, results driven, has a passion for process improvement and is a excellent project manager. An ability to communicate effectively, form partnerships and influence and drive stakeholders (both internal and external) is a requirement for this position. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Support due diligence and site selection efforts by compiling and analyzing geographical location and specific prospective site information, including:
- Regional market data
- Real estate cost, permitting and land use data
- Information regarding federal, state and local taxes and incentives
- Data on energy (including renewable energy), water and wastewater availability and cost
- Network connectivity
- Natural hazard, floodplain and climatological data and
- Legal, physical risk and financial implications
- Take the lead role in organizing communications among, creating scalable processes with and tracking progress towards on-time delivery of projects by key internal and external stakeholders in support of the site selection effort, including capacity planning, data center design and construction, external consulting partners, network engineering, legal, tax, policy and finance
- Work with Site Selection Manager to ensure alignment among all internal stakeholders and to find creative ways to overcome obstacles in the site development process.
- Support the preparation of project recommendations for presentation to management for approval
- Support the development of Facebook’s near- and long-term data center location and leased portfolio strategy
- Support the site inquiry and diligence process to vet prospective sites and assess site risks and opportunities
- Support ongoing asset management activities including environmental, health and safety, leased site management, and ongoing tax and incentive agreement management
- Support the entitlements process to ensure accurate and timely submission and execution of the necessary site entitlements and permits to meet project timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline required
- 5+ years of project management and/or site development experience on large-scale, complex projects
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and coordinate with internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (25% to 50%+ at times)
- Must be familiar with Excel, project management software, and Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Advanced technical degree, law degree or MBA
- Experience in data center infrastructure
- Experience with civil diligence and engineering, and entitlements processes
- Project development and management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top