Data Center Site Selection Program Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization and an ever-changing world. Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Locating, developing and managing this data center infrastructure the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency. Facebook is seeking an experienced, organized and outgoing program manager to join the Data Center Site Selection team and help manage its rapidly scaling leased and owned data center property portfolio. A strong Site Selection Program Manager candidate has a keen ability to think both strategically and analytically, to dive into the details and also assess projects from a global view, and to develop out-of-the-box solutions and navigate the challenges that accompany projects of large magnitude and scale. The Site Selection Program Manager is also tenacious, results driven and an excellent project manager. An ability to communicate effectively, form partnerships and influence and drive stakeholders (both internal and external) is a requirement for this position. This position is full-time and located in our London or Dublin office.
- Support due diligence and site selection efforts in the EU by compiling and analyzing geographical location and specific prospective site information, including (i) regional market data
- (ii) real estate cost, permitting and land use data
- (iii) information regarding federal, state and local taxes and incentives
- (iv) data on energy (including renewable energy), water and wastewater availability and cost
- (v) network connectivity
- (vi) natural hazard, floodplain and climatological data
- and (vii) legal, physical risk and financial implications
- Take the lead role in organizing communications among, creating scalable processes with and driving progress towards on-time delivery of projects by key internal and external stakeholders in support of all EU site selection efforts, including Site Selection and planning, data center engineering, design and construction, external consulting partners, and communications, legal, tax, policy and finance.
- Work with Site Selection Manager to ensure alignment among all internal and external stakeholders and to find creative ways to overcome obstacles in the site development process.
- Partner with the Site Selection team to create and present key internal and executive communications regarding recommended strategies, actions, and risks for approval.
- Support the development of Facebook's near- and long-term data center EU location portfolio strategy.
- Lead the site diligence, schedule, and risk management processes as the team vets prospective sites and determine the best approach to site risks and opportunities.
- Prepare internal teams for success in ongoing asset management workstreams including environmental, health and safety, leased site management, and ongoing tax and incentive agreement management.
- Support the entitlements process to ensure accurate and timely submission and execution of the necessary site entitlements and permits to meet project timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline required
- Advanced technical degree, law degree or MBA highly desirable
- Experience with environmental or civil diligence and engineering, and entitlements processes preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and coordinate with internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders
- Experience in data center infrastructure a plus
- Project development and management experience highly preferred, with a passion for process improvement and project management at scale
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- must be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to travel and internationally as needed for projects (25% to 50%+ at times), and back to Menlo Park for team coordination as needed.
- Must be familiar with Excel, project management software, and Powerpoint and/or Keynote
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top