Data Center Site Selection Manager
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, leases, and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Locating, developing and managing this data center infrastructure the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency. Facebook is seeking an experienced, organized, and outgoing site selection manager to join the Data Center Site Selection team in Europe.
A strong Site Selection Manager candidate has extensive experience negotiating large, complex deals and a strong knowledge of the legal agreements that accompany them. The Site Selection Manager has a keen ability to think both strategically and analytically, develop out-of-the box solutions and is able to navigate the challenges that accompany leasing projects and portfolios of large magnitude. This position is full-time and located in either our London offices.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical BenefitsDental BenefitsVision BenefitsPension BenefitsLife AssuranceChildcare Benefits Gym BenefitsTransport benefitsLaundry Benefit
Posted: July 17, 2017
Closing date: August 16, 2017
- Develop Facebook's leased data center location strategy and manage the site selection effort for real estate, economic development incentives, energy and utilities, network connectivity, legal, policy, and financial considerations
- Lead feasibility discussions and contract negotiations with service providers, property owners, economic development agencies, and utility companies
- Negotiate letters of intent, land or building purchases, economic development incentives, water and sewer supply, and other site-specific agreements
- support power negotiations
- Partner with internal organizations including capacity planning, energy teams, data center design, construction, network engineering, legal, policy, communications and finance
- Prepare project location recommendations and present to senior management for approval
- Develop portfolio management metrics and tracking mechanisms and interact with external lease management companies
- Maintain strategic relationships with communities and service providers in support of Facebook's data center developments, monitor ongoing contractual commitments, and support the expansion of Facebook's existing data centers through the extension of existing agreements or the formation of new agreements
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline required
- Advanced technical degree, law degree, or MBA required
- 20+ years including 5+ years in site selection and data center development in Europe
- Experience leading complex negotiations, including contract formation and contract negotiations
- Must have a background in real estate development and an understanding of leases
- Seasoned professional that is knowledgeable and experienced at representing business interests to the senior leadership of potential suppliers, utilities, governments and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with internal staff, consultants, vendors and external stakeholders
- Analytical and communications skills with proven ability to effectively distill and communicate commercial, market and contractual details to all organizational levels
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (50%+ at times)
- Must be familiar with Excel and PowerPoint and/or Keynote
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top