Data Center Security Specialist
- Reston, VA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a forward thinking experienced Information Security professional to join our Infrastructure Data Center team. Our data centers and Global Point of Presence (POPs) Systems are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Facebook is at the leading edge of the global data center industry both in terms of how data centers are designed and operated. We seek an Information Security professional with advanced, hands-on technical skills in designing, supporting, and assessing security controls and procedures (ideally in a Data Center environment). This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success. The candidate should have deep knowledge and experience in at least two of the following core areas: Information Security Engineering, Network Engineering, Hardware Encryption or Securing Physical Spaces. The ideal candidate will be adept at communicating across the organization, presenting arguments based on data, and driving security improvements via influence. This position is full-time and will be based in Fremont, California or Reston, VA. Ability to travel up to 30% required.
- Serve as an expert in issues related to Data Center Security.
- Evaluate existing and new technologies, work with key cross functional partners to establish security standards for infrastructure technology projects and supporting procedures.
- Drive cross-functional team initiatives to identify and prioritize opportunities to reduce risk to our data center infrastructure.
- Identify improvements to processes and workflows, related to physical and logical data protection.
- Work with partner teams to engineer solutions related to data protection.
- Collaborate with Information Security, Network Security and compliance teams to validate that Data Center design, processes and procedures align with broader Facebook policies, standards and requirements.
- Lead work investigating complex technical matters on a global scale
- spanning multiple disciplines such as storage technologies, network security, identity management, data destruction methodologies, and workflow integration.
- Leverage metrics to inform decisions as to what to prioritize and how to approach a given problem.
- Educate partners on standards and policies, drive overall security awareness and program communication.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of Information Security experience.
- Experience analyzing complex workflows and support/enhance requirements-based Information Security controls within the Data Centers.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule, demonstrated possessing time and project management skills.
- Experience in communicating security risks and plans to address them to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders.
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC-GSNA, or GIAC-GCCC.
- Experience participating in complex, data protection projects in an enterprise, data center environment.
- Experience with data center environment.
Back to top