Data Center Security Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Data Center Security Manager is responsible for reducing risk, responding to incidents and overall direction & leadership of the on-site security team. Supports and executes global physical security programs, initiatives, processes and best practices to build a safe and secure environment. Builds strong cross-functional partnerships across the data center team and Facebook by communicating team goals, wins and opportunities to maximize safe and secure work environments. Cultivates external partnerships with local and state law enforcement, federal agencies, third party vendors and community organizations.
This position will be located in Fort Worth and will be responsible for security at other Infrastructure locations within the region and may take on other responsibilities based on subject matter expertise.
- Directly leads the on-site security team at the data center
- Develops and maintains local standards and procedures to ensure execution of Global Physical Security strategies to include enforcement of business conduct and integrity standards, employee safety and security, investigations, crisis response, business continuity and security and government partnerships
- Regularly communicates updates to key partners on incidents, emerging risks, and other issues that may impact Facebookâ€™s data center operations, employees, or vendors
- Works closely with the Global Security Operations Center and the Global Security Investigations and Intelligence Team to anticipate, identify and evaluate risks that carry a significant risk to Facebookâ€™s data center(s)
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics to determine team effectiveness: budget management, performance metrics and contract management
- Deliver training on security topics, assist in the coordination of security services to support planned and unplanned operations, and support incident investigation efforts
- 5+ years of site/campus security management experience
- Planning, organizational, and motivational experience
- Experience drafting in technical and non-technical formats
- Experience presenting both extemporaneously and in formal settings
- Experience in root cause analysis, industry benchmarking, survey evaluation and data interpretation
- Experience in the areas of emergency/disaster management, physical security, critical incident stress management, risk management and business resiliency
- Experience with emergency procedure protocols and regulatory interfaces
- Knowledge in physical security strategies, principles, standards, policies, and procedures
- Experience with security technologies including Video Surveillance, Access Control, and Incident Management Systems, Security Operations Centers
- Bachelorâ€™s degree.
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and/or Physical Security Professional (PSP) certifications.
- Previous Safety & Security management experience in a Data Center environment.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top