Data Center Planning Manager
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Data Center Capacity Program Manager with experience in developing and leading programs to join the Strategic Planning & Analytics Team (SP&A). In this role, you'll be part of the team that builds Facebook's global data center capacity roadmap and develops infrastructure scaling strategies that set the direction for one of the fastest growing infrastructures in the world. As a Data Center Capacity Program Manager, you will be accountable for building and leading programs, change management processes that drive organizational alignment, and report on projects from inception to completion. You will also be responsible for developing executive level presentations and communications. This is an individual contributor role, where you're equally at home rolling up the sleeves and being in the details, as well as being able to think big picture, project manage complex initiatives, and influence partner teams to challenge the status quo. Among your many attributes, you have sound experience in technical program management, leading cross functional discussions and programs, development of executive level communications, and documentation and process flow mapping. You also can deconflict and drive alignment across various spaces, while understanding partner teams engineering and technical domains. This is a highly cross functional role where you will be expected to partner with our data center capacity stakeholders (capacity engineering, network engineering, construction, site selection, network, finance). Initial travel up to 25% domestic and international. This is a full-time opportunity located in Fremont, CA.
- Create and lead large cross functional forums that bring alignment to data center capacity initiatives including changes to capacity delivery, strategy, or efficiency initiatives.
- Work directly with management and leadership in executing to organization priorities, drive operational excellence, and track key business indicators.
- Develop executive level presentations for a variety of internal forums, audiences and events.
- Drive the direction of specific space and power initiatives, including partnering with engineering teams and other team members to help shape direction of programs and initiatives. Be able to roll up the sleeves and dive in to help with analysis where needed.
- Develop best practices, standards, and documentation for capacity programs.
- Maintain the tempo of the business and act as the glue for the Strategic Planning and Strategic Planning & Analytics team helping develop regular strategic read outs and progress reports on team initiatives.
- Ability to understand web of interrelations that create complex problems and rethinking assumptions about how change happens. Can bring teams together to solve complex engineering problems.
- Help program manage capacity analytics and tooling needs as necessary.
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of program support managing change management, technical projects, executive readouts.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience dealing with hardware, infrastructure, cloud programs.
- Experience with completing cloud/infrastructure/hardware efficiency or optimization projects.
- Experience in developing executive level communications, presentations, and storyboarding in highly analytical environment.
- Experience managing capacity problems alongside capacity engineers.
- Experience in Excel, Vizio (or related software), project management tools and developing presentations.
- Experience managing technical programs and projects in infrastructure, hardware or related designs.
- PMP certification.
Back to top