Data Center Planner, Capacity Planner
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Every day we strive to provide best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the Globe. We are looking for a Data Center Planner to join our Planning team to support the expansion of our global network. This is an ideal role for a Network Planner that wants to work on a purpose built and ever expending network that touches and changes lives of billions for the better every day.
- Plan network capacity and design expansions in-house developed network design simulations
- Analyze network traffic flow data and network capacity projections to develop network expansion requirements for new buildings
- Analyze capacity needs based upon up and coming capacity bottlenecks and utilization on the network
- Model IP topology, taking into consideration physical path and DC layout
- Simulate various network design iterations, present and future, modeling ad-hoc, what-if scenarios, including greenfield and brownfield demand and supply scenarios to set forth build strategy.
- Develop and implement planning tools to enhance our network planning tools suite and capabilities.
- Create input requirements and managing the simulation output to support data-driven fabric designs.
- Develop annual plans for network capacity, space and power requirements
- Work with engineering, deployment, sourcing, and other various functions to support network infrastructure builds
- Coordinate sequential plans consisting of equipment overbuilds, set implementation priorities, and timing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in network planning in high capacity, mission critical production environment
- Knowledge of network design and equipment resiliency planning.
- Knowledge of IP simulations
- Experience with use of network planning and inventory tools
- Ability to communicate across the organization including sourcing, engineering and program management.
- Programming skills in R, Python, Perl or similar for data analysis SQL oriented
- Experience working with Datacenter fabrics or designs
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top