Data Center Operations Lead (Sustaining)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a forward thinking experienced individual to join the Data Center Operations Team. The person should enjoy working in a fast paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to their success. This position is full-time and will be based in Clonee, Meath.
We seek an IT professional with advanced hands-on technical skills in Networks, Server Hardware and Linux (Ideally in a Data Center environment). Having depth and breadth knowledge of managing servers in a large-scale distributed environment is a core competency of this individual.
The candidate should also have deep knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Project Management, Tool and Automation, Hardware and OS repair.
- Responsible for Managing sustainability-related projects throughout the Data Center
- Manage teams to deploy new data center infrastructure
- Manage server upgrades, integration, rebuild and other projects as required
- Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Identify and help create documentation for the global DC knowledge base
- Be forward thinking to support all DC teams on to reduce potential risks to upcoming projects
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues
- reporting out globally
- Drive specifications for tools that facilitate deployment and decommissioning of server hardware at scale
- Implement process improvements and inform best practices in data center operations
- BS or BA in technical field or commensurate experience
- Comfortable with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge
- 4+ years of experience in large-scale data center hardware deployments and building scaling infrastructure is desired
- 2+ years of managing multiple projects within the same time schedule
- Should have a solid understanding of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs
- Should have an understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent time and project management skills
- Able to lift/move 20-30 lbs equipment on a daily basis
- Experience supervising, training, mentoring, and leading other technicians a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top