Data Center Network Test Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Data Center Network Engineers at Facebook are hybrid software/network engineers who design, build and operate our worldwide data center network. This team owns the complete lifecycle of the data center network from planning, design, product definition, QA, deployment and monitoring. Simple and scalable network design, automation and data analytics are the keys to meeting our demands. In this role, you will be responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying network software, systems and tools that keep the data center network operating at maximum reliability, scalability and efficiency.Do you like developing innovative solutions to some of the most complex scaling and reliability challenges out there? Do you want to build and operate the hyper-scale data center network that powers the world's largest social network? Do you want to ship code in production that positively impacts the experience of billions of users worldwide? Then, this is the role for you!
- Test new network products and pilot the same in production DC networks before mass rollout
- Develop test automation integrated in CI/CD pipeline to qualify network software before push in production
- Develop test automation frameworks
- Develop tests that qualify complex network migration procedures in lab/emulation before executing the same in production
- Test software features in FBOSS (NOS software) partnering with in-house software development teams
- Qualify and push vendor software releases in the fleet
- Build and operate DC test lab networks
- Participate in DC network on-call rotation
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols like BGP, OSPF/ISIS, etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP transport
- Experience in at least one programming language like Python, Perl, C/C++, or Go for developing automation software or tooling
- 5+ years experience QA testing network devices for production networks or pre-production networks
- Hands-on experience with Network Test Equipment like Agilent, IXIA, etc.
- Hands-on experience with QA of Network OS like EOS, JunOS, or NXOS
- Experience building Test Automation Frameworks
- Understanding of different Optics and internals of a switch ASIC
- Experience in developing network operations tools (e.g collections systems, software push systems, etc.)
Back to top