Data Center Logistics Lead
(New Albany, OH)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The iBOS (Infrastructure Business Operations Support) Data Center Logistics Lead is responsible for executing all relevant logistics functions in support of regional data center operations in our New Albany, Ohio Data Center. This role works closely with the iBOS Central (Receiving, Inventory Management, and Asset Management), the iBOS Transportation team, and other Menlo Park headquarters groups to support key day-to-day logistics activities at our new data center location. This position is responsible for leading a team of contingent workers in executing receiving, storage, distribution, tracking, and RMA activities for the Facebook owned and consigned inventories required to ensure consistent, uninterrupted Facebook data center operations. Must ensure Facebook inventory and asset management systems are properly monitored and operated. Must forge and maintain close relationships with a variety of stakeholders and partners, both in and outside of Facebook. Also, provides Menlo Park-based teams and other regional leads with observations and feedback regarding how logistics systems are landing in region and provide recommendations for improvement. Anticipates and, in coordination with iBOS Central, takes early action to address emerging requirements or unexpected changes to previous forecasts.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of material movement, including shipping and receiving, inventory management and cycle counting of all consigned and FB owned inventory in region.
- Produce monthly audits of compliance to ensure meeting all inventory controls.
- Support month- and quarter-end requirements to ensure appropriate financial reporting.
- Lead inventory reconciliation process to identify risk, manage obsolescence, and reserve appropriately.
- Proactively monitor system interfaces with external suppliers to identify and correct any errors that impact product movements.
- Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of Facebook.
- Help define and manage ongoing KPI's to measure supplier performance.
- Work closely with the central team to understand business requirements, implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements.
- Resolve project issues and coordinate appropriate escalation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, business or related field and 5+ years related experience in a production IT or similar environment.
- 5+ years experience in business analysis/program management.
- Skills in as-is/to-be business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analysis.
- Experienced in cross-functional collaboration across multiple teams.
- Ability to work independently and manage time.
- Experienced in handling project management responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting).
- Experience with Oracle (or similar software), MS access, Excel, data loaders, SQL
- Communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention-to-detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Supply Chain process understanding from Procure to Pay.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top