Data Center Infrastructure Services Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We seek an individual with experience in engineering management and leadership, to establish and maintain a consistent service delivery framework for site-wide projects and global engineering functions. Depth and breadth of knowledge managing large operations and engineering functions is a core competency of this individual, ideally in a distributed, global context.
The Infrastructure Services Manager is responsible for leading a team of highly skilled, engineers and project managers, who are providing services across the globe. This person is expected to have a strong track record in roles requiring managerial, technical and project management excellence, with the ability to oversee and deliver large, complex technical initiatives and projects across the entire data center space.
- Lead a Data Center Services team responsible for technical engineering, capacity and infrastructure project planning and oversight, including project management, metrics, reporting, technical services, site effort coordination, and large scale, long term planning both within a region and globally.
- Project Management responsibilities include oversight and delegation of project scopes and objectives, project planning documentation, communication, task resource availability management, change and risk management, project performance tracking, ensuring all team managed projects are completed to high standards of quality, on time, within scope and budget.
- Technical team responsibilities include management of globally-oriented, subject matter experts in multiple disciplines, including information security, hardware engineering, software engineering, provisioning, and related fields. These resources will provide both site and global support and are key partners to other Facebook teams.
- Provide a project tracking/reporting/metrics structure that incorporates Facebook methodologies and standards, and that is effective with cross-functional partners and external vendors.
- Mentor, lead, and develop the project management, presentation, organizational, technical, and leadership capabilities of team members, such that they can develop global technical solutions, oversee small to large scale project efforts, and plan and coordinate daily operations and long-term project efforts with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with other Services Managers in data center sites around the globe to evolve and optimize service level processes and approaches in a globally consistent way, to allow Facebook to scale and grow effectively.
- Create and drive a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration, accountability, and safety. Support and contribute thought leadership to the development and implementation of business, engineering, and project management practices which support the growth and ongoing management of our global data center IT footprint.
- Work with peer organizations and regional teams that affect and deliver services to data center operations such as network operations, project management, facilities/maintenance management, logistics, hardware design, automated tooling and supply chain operations in order to successfully maintain data center capacity to support ongoing business growth.
- Deliver Facebook's products and services from the data center site, ensuring operational delivery through collaboration and partnership with both remote and local peer organizations.
- BS or BA in a technical field, or commensurate experience
- Experience managing teams of project managers and/or technical resources
- Knowledge of enterprise level infrastructure
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience training, mentoring, and leading project management professionals and experienced engineers
Back to top