Data Center Facility Operations Electrical Engineer, University Grad
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer to become part of our data center Facility Operations Engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. The establishment of new regions in the US, Europe and Asia are important next steps in the evolution of the Facebook's infrastructure expansion. The Operations Engineering team designs retrofit and upgrade projects and ensures our highly reliable environment is supported. The ideal candidate will be and ambitious and avid learner, and be able to work on projects cross functionally as well as work independently. This position is full-time and located in our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Support complex electrical engineering projects and initiatives. This includes working cross-functionally with design teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and R&D.
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical systems, and recommend improvements.
- Review electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedule.
- Travel to data center sites to lead or support projects, engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents and drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA). Implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Evaluate data center commissioning scripts and participate in testing activities for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Develop and review design standards, specs, and method of procedures (MOP) for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Generate RFPs, ROMs and SOWs for projects.
- Review and update data center electrical "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor evaluation.
- Review electrical mission critical system changes with local data center operations teams.
- Provide and analyze energy efficient solutions to minimize power losses.
- Develop innovative and efficient improvement through lessons learned and Design Change Management.
- Available to start employment in 2018.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineering (PE) license within 4 years of joining.
- Ability to obtain Fundamentals of Engineering (or EIT) certification within 1 year of joining.
- Communication, presentation, project management, and reporting skills.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to site locations approximately 30% of the time.
- Pursuing Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering.
- In a degree program with a focus on Power Systems.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (or EIT) certification.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top