Data Center Facilities Engineering, Electrical Engineer
Facebook is seeking an Electrical Engineer experienced in the operations support and design of critical facilities to become part of our Data Center Facilities Engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. The establishment of new regions in the US, Europe, and Asia are important next steps in the evolution of the Facebook's infrastructure expansion. The Operations Engineering team designs retrofit and upgrade projects and ensures our highly reliable environment is guaranteed. The ideal candidate will be able to work broadly, both leading critical projects cross-functionally as well as work independently leading deep dives and expert analyses.
DATA CENTER FACILITIES ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead complex electrical engineering projects and initiatives including working cross-functionally with design teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and R&D.
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical systems, and lead improvements.
- Prepare electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future data center design reviews.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedule.
- Review and develop detailed scripts for change management request (CMR) activities.
- Travel to data center sites to lead or support engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents and drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA). Implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Evaluate data center commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Develop and review design standards, specs, and method of procedures (MOP) for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Generate RFPs, ROMs and SOWs for projects.
- Review and update data center electrical "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
- Review electrical mission critical system changes with local data center operations teams.
- Provide and analyze energy efficient solutions to minimize power losses.
- Develop innovative and efficient improvement through lessons learned and Design Change Management.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
- Communication, presentation, project management, and reporting experience
- Knowledge of high voltage (115kV, 12kV) substations, mission critical power distribution and generator power systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Cross-discipline knowledge of critical facility systems
- Troubleshooting and analytical experience
- Knowledge of short circuit coordination and arc flash studies
- Experience in load management at the operations level within a critical facility
- Electrical Professional Engineer (PE) registration (Candidates on track to complete this will be considered as well)
- Familiarity with SKM or ETAP
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top