Data Center Engineer
(Fort Worth, TX)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Center Technician to join the Site Operations Team. This position is full-time and will be based in Fort Worth, TX
- Responsible for assisting with all projects and repairs throughout the Data Center
- Work in teams to deploy new data center infrastructure.
- Understand and troubleshoot network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Perform server upgrades, integration, rebuild and other projects as required
- Identify and help create documentation for the global DC knowledge base
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues
- Be forward thinking to support all DC teams on to reduce potential risks to upcoming projects.
- Help identify specifications for tools that facilitate deployment and decommissioning of server hardware at scale
- Assist with process improvements and inform best practices in data center operations
- Display understanding of organizational structure and capability to work with cross functional teams on a given project.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- BS or BA in technical field or commensurate experience.
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Experience with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment
- Certification such as CCNA, RHCE or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge
- Time and project management skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule.
- Understanding of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs.
- Experience in large-scale data center environment
- Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Able to lift/move 20-30 lbs equipment on a daily basis.
- Team or project leadership
- Knowledgeable in Data center practices and concepts (i.e. fault tolerance, calculating power usage)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top