Data Center Engineer
(Fort Worth, TX)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Center Technician to join the Site Operations Team. This position is full-time and will be based in Fort Worth, TX
- Responsible for assisting with all projects and repairs throughout the Data Center
- Work in teams to deploy new data center infrastructure.
- Understand and troubleshoot network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Perform server upgrades, integration, rebuild and other projects as required
- Identify and help create documentation for the global DC knowledge base
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues
- Be forward thinking to support all DC teams on to reduce potential risks to upcoming projects.
- Help identify specifications for tools that facilitate deployment and decommissioning of server hardware at scale
- Assist with process improvements and inform best practices in data center operations
- Display understanding of organizational structure and capability to work with cross functional teams on a given project.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- BS or BA in technical field or commensurate experience.
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Experience with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment
- Certification such as CCNA, RHCE or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge
- Time and project management skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule.
- Understanding of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs.
- Experience in large-scale data center environment
- Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Able to lift/move 20-30 lbs equipment on a daily basis.
- Team or project leadership
- Knowledgeable in Data center practices and concepts (i.e. fault tolerance, calculating power usage)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top