Data Center Energy Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative services. Facebook is seeking an experienced, outgoing, and self-motivated individual to support the negotiation of energy supply solutions for our growing fleet of data centers. In this role, you will be a key contributor to Facebook's data center energy strategy and your responsibilities will include: supporting contract negotiation, performing financial modeling, sensitivity and scenario analyses, and managing the processes which assure expenditures match contractual terms. Additionally, you will help drive the development and deployment of Facebook's global energy strategy in an effort to create a cost competitive clean and renewable energy based supply portfolio that meets the company's overall strategic objectives. You will be expected to think critically about Facebook's data center infrastructure and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. Self-starter with a passion for developing the best possible solutions to complex energy problems via mastery over relevant details. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Support creation and execution of overarching and site specific energy supply strategies for Facebook's international and domestic data centers
- Be part of data center site selection teams to evaluate energy supply options for new locations and support the negotiation and optimization of supply contracts
- Support evaluation of on and off-site generation technologies
- Interface with internal organizations including sustainability, capacity planning, data center design, construction, legal and finance
- Create and use financial models to analyze different renewable structures and electric rate impacts accounting for current and projected wholesale and retail electricity market trends
- Review third party financial and rate models for accuracy and to determine savings opportunities
- Work with Energy Managers and utilities to determine favorable supply and investment structures while quantifying associated financial risks
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with an energy supplier, project developer, or energy intensive consumer
- Hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting energy data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results to management
- Experience with developing and implementing renewable energy solutions including modeling and negotiating electricity supply contracts
- Experience with electric rate and tariff modeling
- Experience working with Excel.
- Experience with other database tools (MySQL, Tableau, etc.)
- Communications skills, and an ability to develop and maintain partnerships with suppliers and all stakeholders
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top