Data Center Energy Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative services. Facebook is seeking an experienced, organized and self-motivated individual to support the development of cost-effective energy solutions for our growing fleet of data centers.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to Facebook's data center energy strategy, specifically supporting the energy arrangements of our data centers through various stages of development including site selection, construction and operations. Your responsibilities will include: supporting the development of interconnection and energy supply agreements, monitoring progress towards key development milestones, and building and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners. You will work with our Energy Managers and be expected to think critically about Facebook's data center energy infrastructure. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Support the creation and execution of overarching and site-specific energy supply strategies for Facebook's domestic data centers
- Manage the day-to-day details related to project due diligence, site development, commercial agreements, construction power agreements and operational issues
- Coordinate communication and deliverables between utility partners and internal stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners including site selection, data center design, construction, facility operations, legal and finance
- Monitor data center energy usage and deliver regular updates and newsletters to internal stakeholders
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed (up to 25%)
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with an energy project developer, design/consulting firm, construction firm or energy intensive consumer
- Experience in transmission, distribution and utility interconnection processes and electrical infrastructure
- Experience in analyzing commercial and industrial utility tariffs
- Project development and management experience and experience managing projects concurrently
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Excel and PowerPoint and/or Keynote experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top