Data Center Energy Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently delivers our innovative services. Facebook's Energy Team is seeking a highly experienced, outgoing, and self-motivated energy professional to manage electricity regulation, policy and utility relationships for our growing fleet of data centers. The Energy Manager will support the continued development and execution of Facebook's global energy strategy centered on a supply portfolio of cost competitive clean and renewable energy sources consistent with the company's overall strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of regulatory and rate making experience as well as knowledge of a spectrum of energy supply issues including commercial, market, technical and financial. This position is full-time and targeted to be located near an existing data center.
- Take an active role in regulatory processes and influence rate-making and energy supply solutions offered by utilities and other suppliers
- Develop and grow relationships with key utility partners, regulators, policy makers and other stakeholders
- Partner with legal resources to develop and refine commercial arrangements for existing facilities
- Identify opportunities to improve the reliability, reduce the environmental footprint, and reduce the cost of Facebook's energy supply portfolio and ensure alignment with the company's strategic objectives
- Interface with internal organizations including data center on-site staff, sustainability, policy, communications, design, construction, legal, and finance
- Support continued development and execution Facebook's energy supply strategy for data centers
- Stay informed of the technical, market, and regulatory developments in the energy industry and communicate key trends, risks and potential impacts to management
- Lead and support various energy projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline required
- MBA or J.D.
- 10+ years of prior experience in navigating regulatory and commercial issues associated with large customer loads
- Experience at representing business interests to the leadership teams of potential suppliers, utilities, governments, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
- Working knowledge of transmission, distribution, and utility interconnection processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with internal staff, utility providers, consultants, and external stakeholders
- Creative thinking, and communication skills with proven ability to effectively distill and communicate commercial, regulatory, market, and contractual details to all organizational levels
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed (25% to 50%+ at times)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top