Data Center Economic Development Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe, healthy working environment. Facebook is seeking an experienced and outgoing individual to join our data center economic development team. This role will partner with our data center site selection team to complete tax and economic incentive diligence and negotiate economic development agreements for new and expanding regions. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Economic development project lead for new data center site selection efforts as well as existing site expansions
- Complete diligence relating to economic development programs as well as state and local taxes
- Partner with site selection and legal teams to negotiate economic development agreements with various state and local governments and economic development agencies
- Interface with internal organizations including data center design, construction, legal, finance, accounting and tax
- Work cross-functionally to understand the project parameters needed to support data center economic development discussions
- Lead various projects related to our data centers, as needed
- 7+ years of experience with a background in state and local taxes and economic incentives
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline
- Contract negotiation experience
- Financial analysis and project management experience
- Negotiation skills and ability to communicate and represent the company's interests with economic development personnel, government officials, and service providers
- Experienced and capable of coordinating both internal staff and consultants
- JD or MBA
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top