Data Center Economic Development Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe, healthy working environment. Facebook is seeking an experienced and outgoing individual to join our data center economic development team. This role will partner with our data center economic development team to help complete tax and economic incentive diligence and manage compliance efforts for new and expanding regions. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Interface with internal organizations including data center design, construction, legal, payroll, finance, accounting and tax
- Gather and analyze investment and employment related data to drive decisions for future site selection efforts and complete compliance obligations for existing regions
- Maintain and optimize data center incentive compliance program for global portfolio of data center assets
- Complete diligence relating to economic development programs as well as state and local tax laws for new and existing data center regions
- Build and maintain cost models that compare taxes and economic incentives in new and existing data center regions
- Partner with economic development managers to prepare internal and external summary materials needed for ongoing site selection efforts
- Work cross-functionally to understand the project parameters needed to support data center economic development discussions
- Lead various projects related to our data centers, as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (up to 25%)
- 5+ years of experience in state and local taxes, economic incentives, finance or other corporate compliance related discipline
- Experienced in coordinating both internal staff and consultants
- Experience using Excel
- Experience using PowerPoint and Keynote
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline
- JD or MBA
- Financial analysis and project management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top