Data Center Drawing Controller
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Drawing Controller to become part of our Data Center Design team. Our Data Centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Once the data center is in operational, maintaining an accurate set of engineering drawings ensures our ability to operate and maintain reliability of our compute infrastructure. This position is located in our Menlo Park office with occasional travel to our other Data Centers.A Drawing Controller maintains and manages important documents for our fleet of data centers deployed globally. They assure that drawings reflect as-built conditions, manages version control of simultaneous retrofit projects, and drawings are easily accessible and stored. Updates AutoCAD and Revit drawings of minor changes to building management system, telecommunication pathways, mechanical, electrical or architectural elements as directed by Facebook engineers.
- Maintain the as-built drawing files and control logs as required by the project.
- Integrate the retrofit project construction drawings into the existing as-built drawings
- Update AutoCAD drawings of all approved changes, this may include but not limited to updating architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, BMS and telecommunication pathway drawings.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Drawing Control, including submittals, specifications, drawings in both electronic and hard copy.
- Assist in creation, maintain and update of drawing standards, BIM Execution Plan, file repositories, folder structure, workflow, process, etc.
- Ensure that copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, stakeholder for review and approval.
- Travel to datacenter sites for project review, facility audits, as-built validation as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience with AutoCAD, BIM/Revit drafting and files management
- Minimum three (3) years related work experience in large scale buildings and records management.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing and records management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines like BMS, civil, mechanical, electrical and telecommunication
- Ability to keep records and reports
- Must be detailed oriented, have organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Experience with virtual reality (VR)/alternate reality (AR) applications within construction
- Large scale construction knowledge and datacenter cabling design and installation
- Having CAD and/or BIM manager experience
- Critical infrastructure and/or data center experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top