Data Center Drawing Controller
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Drawing Controller to become part of our Data Center Design team. Our datacenters are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Once the data center is in operational, maintaining an accurate set of engineering drawings ensures our ability to operate and maintain reliability of our compute infrastructure. This position is located in our Menlo Park office with occasional travel to our other Data Center. A Drawing Controller maintains and manages important documents for our fleet of data centers deployed globally. He or she assures that drawings reflect as-built conditions, manages version control of simultaneous retrofit projects, and drawings are easily accessible and stored. Updates AutoCAD and Revit drawings of minor changes to building management system, telecommunication pathways, mechanical, electrical or architectural elements as directed by Facebook engineers.
- Maintain the as-built drawing files and control logs as required by the project
- Integrate the retrofit project construction drawings into the existing as-built drawings
- Update AutoCAD drawings of all approved changes, this may include but not limited to updating architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, BMS and telecommunication pathway drawings.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Drawing Control, including submittals, specifications, drawings in both electronic and hard copy
- Assist in creation, maintain and update of drawing standards, BIM Execution Plan, file repositories, folder structure, workflow, process, etc.
- Ensure that copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, stakeholder for review and approval
- Travel to datacenter sites for project review, facility audits, as-built validation as required
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience as AutoCAD, BIM/Revit drafting
- Minimum three (3) years related work experience in large scale buildings and records management.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing and records management practices and procedures. CAD and/or BIM manager experience
- Knowledge of Revit/BIM or other 3D drawing application, able to think on how different applications can improve design
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines like BMS, civil, mechanical, electrical and telecommunication
- Ability to maintain records and reports
- Ability to organize and manage a filing method and instill management techniques
- Must be detailed oriented, have organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task
- Communication skills
- Large scale construction knowledge and datacenter cabling design and installation
- Critical infrastructure and/or data center experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top