Data Center Construction Special Projects Project Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
- Provide occasional project planning and scoping by working with cross functional partners and internal customers to identify, sequence and package work scopes for execution
- Project manage design, construction, commissioning and closeout of multiple consecutive data center capacity augment and/or retrofit projects
- Provide contractor, designer, commissioning agent, and Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) vendor oversight on a per project basis
- Provide project management of internal project delivery process to include procurement, scheduling, closeout and internal communication and coordination
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates
- Manage monthly capex forecasting for all project related costs
- Provide weekly project status report (financial, schedule, Q/C)
- Manage retrofit work in a live data center environment
- Manage various technical small projects supporting the data center infrastructure environment. A majority of which will be in a live data center environment
- Manage complex warranty work projects for existing data center buildings
- Manage Method of Procedures (MOPs) for any retrofit/remedy work in live data center
- Provide construction consulting services to local Ops team and other cross functional departments
- Occasional 30% travel to EU sites and MPK
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree and/or minimum of eight (8) years professional experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning
- Data center development and construction experience is strongly desired
- Familiar with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements is desired
- Familiar with retrofit projects in live data centers
- Familiar with Critical Path Method scheduling techniques.
- Must hold sufficient level knowledge of construction management, capital budget, electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of local US industry standards, building codes and safety standards is preferable
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to provide solutions to complex problems under pressure
- Must have effective written and verbal communications skills
- Functional in MS Project, MS Office products (e.g Word, Excel, and Powerpoint etc.), and Primavera P6
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top