Data Center Construction Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day we break ground and go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Designing, constructing, operating and continually, innovating the infrastructure within our data centers are fundamental to providing high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost-effective online service in the world!
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Data Center construction team as a Construction Manager responsible for overseeing and guiding the construction of our multi-story Singapore campus. The Construction Manager will report to the lead construction manager and have the responsibility to manage general contractors, designers and suppliers involved with this large scale, multi-phased data center project. By partnering with our general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and vendors, the Construction Manager will drive a culture of collaboration and quality unparalleled in the data center construction industry. This position is full-time and is based out of our Singapore office, although significant travel and onsite presence at the project site(s) is required.
- Manage the construction of multi-story data center projects as the owner's representative (project locations TBD).
- Build relationships and foster and encourage a high-performing, safety-focused culture across all teams, internal/external, involved in the program.
- Mentor/manage a core team of full time and contingent staff supporting the construction program.
- Interface with a wide variety of internal and external teams to achieve the program goals.
- Coordinate multiple stakeholder requirements involved in the early turnover of phases within the program schedule.
- Manage 3rd party contracted service providers to Facebook.
- Negotiate construction contracts and change orders directly with the contractors and vendors.
- Develop capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates.
- Coordinate project requirements and delivery with quality control and loss prevention staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or equivalent technical degree and/or 15+ years direct professional experience in project planning and construction management.
- Able to understand the design, deployment, and commissioning of technical electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of "World Class" safety and quality process and culture
- Experience with a variety of construction contract delivery methods commonly used in the US and/or APAC.
- Experience managing contractors, subcontractor and vendor relationships with an understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- Considerable experience with greenfield site development, ground-up and retrofit construction required.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to lead a team of diverse backgrounds and experience towards a single project outcome.
- Experience working with local, state, domestic and international construction build codes and health & safety requirements.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and a strong track record of thinking strategically and executing tactically.
- Must be fluent in English and have strong written and verbal communications/reporting skills.
- Knowledgeable in Primavera P6, MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Periodic travel to corporate office locations, approximately 30%, is required.
Back to top