Data Center Connectivity Site Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Site Lead to join our Data Center Connectivity Team (DCC). Our data centers are the foundation upon which our innovative services are delivered and rapidly scaling infrastructure operates. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability of Facebook online services. The Data Center Connectivity (DCC) Site Lead will be responsible for multiple simultaneous Data Center projects for all low voltage and fiber optic cabling and support infrastructure from inception through handover to production. Site Lead is a liaison, accountable for the partnerships and relationships with Headquarters and is highly collaborative with stakeholders at Data Center. This position is full-time.
- Assure delivery and maintenance of all structured cabling and connectivity, on time, within budget, and to corporate standards of quality, reliability, and uptime.
- Perform audits to assure DCC work meets quality standards prior to turn-over.
- Assure site as-builts and documentation are complete and up-to-date.
- Establish clear roadmaps and goals for site builds and operations.
- Scale by championing best practices and initiatives, coordinating SOPs/SIPs with other sites, and driving global and regional standards.
- Employ Key Performance Indicators and DCC site dashboard to drive measurable improvements.
- Lead, mentor, and develop staff on site.
- Assure crisp oversight and clear communications with vendors.
- Coordinate and partner effectively with design, construction, operations, and other teams on site and at MPK.
- Assure rapid responses to high priority builds and break-fixes.
- Proactively communicate progress and risks on site projects and initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Assist in developing or identifying network cable/rack/cabinet installation processes and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and/or a minimum of 10 years direct professional experience in construction management.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff, and overseeing vendors to work towards the same project goals.
- Track record of delivering programs on time, within budget, and to applicable standards.
- Organizational and coordination experience in a mission critical environment.
- Interpersonal skills, and able to work with a group of stakeholders with different objectives.
- Organizational and coordination skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top