Data Center Capacity Planner
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Center Capacity Planner with project management and infrastructure experience to join the Strategic Planning & Analytics team (SP&A). In this role you'll be part of the team that plans data center capacity and drives supply strategies for one of the most fast-growing infrastructure in the world. You will evaluate critical capacity planning changes, develop supply plans that encompass space and power planning, and maintain the plan of record for Facebook's global data center program. Tens of billions of user requests, hundreds of peta bytes of data, thousands of giga bps of network flow, welcome to the amazingly largest Internet service in the world! This is a full-time opportunity located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- You're equally at home rolling up the sleeves and being in the details Responsibilities.
- Work with capacity engineering groups to evaluate demand signals and partner with local and field teams to develop corresponding supply plans.
- Host and manage regular sync-up meetings covering new data center plan changes.
- Lead planning discussions and project reviews with key data center stakeholders such as networking, cabling, facilities, operations, and capacity engineering teams to align on new projects and ensure alignment on all aspects of data center planning.
- Build a process to capture and review incremental change requests to our data center plans.
- Manage any requested changes to the plan and work with engineering groups in evaluating the capacity, cost, and timing impacts.
- Develop detailed project evaluation plans for change requests and set the pace to drive closure.
- Own the communications strategy for all data center capacity planning changes which includes executive level and detailed project briefs and status updates.
- Use technical judgment to drive new project evaluations, technology reviews, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- Experience in server fleet management, data center networking, data center power
- Experience forecasting modeling techniques including safety stock optimization and sensitivity analysis
- 3+ years of Supply Chain Management experience, e.g., forecasting, planning, scheduling
- Experience applying independent and business judgment to solve issues
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and leading cross-functional teams to complete projects and initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top