Data Center Capacity Manager
Facebook is seeking a forward thinking experienced individual to join the Data Center Operations Team. The person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to their success. This position is full-time and will be based in our North Huntsville, Alabama Data Center.
We seek an IT professional with good hands-on technical skills in Networks, Server Hardware and Linux (Ideally in a Data Center environment). Having depth and breadth knowledge of managing servers in a large-scale distributed environment is a core competency of this individual.
The candidate should also have managerial experience with deep knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Project Management, Tool and Automation, and or Hardware and OS repair.
DATA CENTER CAPACITY MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Managing capacity and sustaining related projects throughout the Data Center
- Manage teams to deploy new data center infrastructure
- Manage server upgrades, integration, rebuild and other projects as required
- Manage/plan server deployments to optimize power, cooling space and network
- Identify and help create documentation for the global DC knowledge base
- Predict data center growth and scaling issues before they occur and implement solutions
- Be forward thinking to support all DC teams on to reduce potential risks to upcoming projects
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues
- Reporting out globally
- Implement process improvements and inform best practices in data center operations
- BS, BA, BEng in a technical field or commensurate experience
- Experience with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment
- Experience with Python, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge
- 4+ years experience of managing teams, training, mentoring and leading technicians
- 4+ years experience of managing cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs
- Knowledge of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console
- Communication experience
- Time and project management experience
- 4+ years of experience in large-scale data center hardware deployments and building scaling infrastructure
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Critical Facility Manager
- Critical Operations Manager
- Data Center Production Operations Manager
- Geo Program Manager, Global Data Center Connectivity
Los Lunas, NM + 13 More
- Lead Controls Subject Matter Expert
- Lead Electrical Subject Matter Expert
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top