Data Center Campus Facility Manager
- DeKalb, IL
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Campus Facility Manager to establish, lead, and scale our new data center. The Data Center Campus Facility Manager will establish and lead a facility operations team that will operate and maintain the critical facility infrastructure at our Data Center campus, plan and execute projects to upgrade and improve our critical and non-critical infrastructure systems, and develop the tools, processes, and safety culture necessary to effectively scale. The establishment of this new data center is an important milestone in the evolution of Facebook's data center expansion. This is a full-time position.
- Establish, mentor, and lead a Facility Operations team responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of our critical and non-critical infrastructure systems on the data center campus.
- Partner with Facebook Construction and Design teams throughout the build phase to ensure operational requirements are met and the buildings are fully ready for operations when turned over to the Facility Operations Team. This includes participation in the commissioning (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Collaborate with Data Center Campus Facility Manager counterparts at other sites, with the leadership team, and adjacent operating teams to promote efficiencies and sharing of lessons across the global team.
- Lead the Facility Operations team and work with peer teams to identify required engineering changes in infrastructure systems, define project scope, prioritize projects, schedule, and execute these projects.
- Direct the development and review of operational standards, sequences of operation (SOO), and methods of procedures (MOP) for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Support, coordinate, and monitor vendor activities, ensuring work activities meet scope of work and follow established procedures.
- Find creative solutions to support reduction of operational costs and maximization of infrastructure utilization.
- Prepare facility operations post-incident reports, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans.
- Oversee automation system interfaces to ensure best possible data center performance is maintained.
- Maintain and support reporting to ensure the data center campus remains compliant with all Facebook and government safety and environmental requirements.
- Respond as needed to system after hours maintenance and system complications.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- 8+ years of management experience in technology operations, including critical operations.
- Experience leading in a fast paced, hands-on, start up environment.
- Highly experienced in personnel management, staffing, and scheduling for a 24/7 environment.
- Experience making decisions and work with minimal direction.
- Proven track record of thinking strategically and executing tactically.
- Experienced in project management.
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations.
- High-level of knowledge and understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards, including NFPA and ASHRAE.
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Proven communication skills.
- Experience providing solutions to complex problems under pressure.
- B.S. in Engineering preferred.
Back to top