Data Center Business Analyst, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative products. The Data Center Analytics team is seeking a technically minded business analyst to support data center metrics creation and development. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to work closely with our data center business units to develop the right metrics, and to focus on developing best practices for data aggregation, maintaining analytical models and dashboards, and analyzing operational KPIs. You will play a key role in analysis and reporting across the data center space using analytical rigor to drive insight and identify opportunities. You will be expected to think critically about Facebook’s data center operations and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. Excellent communication and analytical skills are a must. This position is part of the Infrastructure Data Center team and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Create quantitative models reporting business trends across the data center space, automate data collection, develop and maintain analytical models, and generate reports and dashboards that measure the performance of Facebook’s data centers
- Develop best practices for reporting, analytics, and generation of key metrics
- Work with the data center teams and various stakeholders to create the relevant metrics for measuring and monitoring the business
- Leverage tools like Excel, Tableau, SQL, Hadoop, R, PHP, Python to drive efficient analytics reporting, and performing data extraction from mysql/oracle/hive leveraging an extremely large data set
- Analyze data to identify trends that drive data-based decision making for the business
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed, in support of Facebook’s data center strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (Comp Sci, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical experience in an analytics environment
- Experience with Excel and SQL
- Experience using data access tools and building dashboards using datasets and source
- Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Technical experience with data center operations
- Experience with at least 1 scripting language (C++, Java, PHP, PERL, PYTHON, etc..)
- Proven track record of applying data driven models
- Hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across diverse stakeholders
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top