Data Capture Supervisor
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking for an innovative Data Capture Supervisor with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. Youâ€™ll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team, overseeing the design and management of several high-end state of the art data capture stages, including hardware components and data processing pipelines.
- Manage our research facility overall data acquisition capabilities: design, implementation and maintenance of multi-sensor systems, including sensor selection, sensor mounts, system calibration, lighting design, power distribution, synchronization and triggering system.
- Oversee hardware and system integration, data transfer, pipeline tools development to improve processing workflows.
- Manage data capture team to properly run the systems: setup, prepare talent, manage props and digital assets, acquire, track and analyze data ensuring quality and continuity, process data through proprietary pipelines.
- Work with research teams to identify scope, constraints, dependencies to improve the data capture process.
- Work with user studies team to design and execute experiments.
- Drive R&D and stay on top of new technology.
- Collaborate with other research teams across the research organization.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or Technical Animation.
- 5+ years of experience with high-end motion capture systems (e.g. Vicon, OptiTrack), both hardware and software components.
- Knowledge of cameras and lenses: setup, maintenance, tuning, calibration, distortion, color balance, lighting.
- Knowledge of depth sensing, multi sensor calibration and synchronization, Linux, Windows, computer network architecture.
- Knowledge with hardware engineering, with mechanical and electronics systems experience.
- Organizational and planning experience.
- Experience with high-end VFX and/or video game motion capture production pipeline.
- Experience managing hardware or rapid prototyping projects.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, optical engineers, and software engineers.
- Experience with virtual or augmented reality systems.
- Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation.
Back to top