Data Capture Lab Manager
- Marin City, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for a Data Capture Lab Manager who will work side by side with a dedicated team of researchers to develop, build, maintain, and operate image and motion capture systems. The Data Capture Lab Manager is responsible for fostering safe and ideal equipment use amongst the Research team, staying knowledgeable of new technology, and operating equipment and software in support of the Research Study Team's day-to-day operations.
- Manage and maintain the day-to-day operation of data capture systems within our lab spaces. Own the mocap and 3D scanning systems.
- Design 3D objects for the research team in addition to managing, maintaining and operating our 3D printer.
- Be our primary lab spaces technician. Own the hardware tooling for supporting and maintaining hardware systems and their connectivity within our lab spaces.
- Work closely with researchers, research study team, and program managers to prioritize data capture needs and execute data collection tasks.
- Direct data capture efforts of human subjects and objects.
- Aid the operation of data captures and be comfortable stepping in to direct sessions.
- Aid in the processing and annotation of captured data.
- Evaluate, specify and build out new or adapted data capture environments and systems, leveraging concept prototyping teams, facilities, and external vendors.
- Organize data capture storage and data networking of lab spaces.
- Work jointly with our software systems engineer to manage and maintain our capture systems and lab spaces.
- Assist in the design, development and deployment of data capture pipelines to simplify data capture tasks and accommodate the collection of data sets at scale.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners including environmental health and safety, legal, and security to develop protocols that are up to standard within our lab spaces.
- Experience with Motion Capture Software such as OptiTrack Motive, Vicon Blade, Vicon Shogun, or similar motion capture software.
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- Essential hardware technician skills for maintaining mocap and image systems and computer LAN/Wireless networks.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience with digital camera systems and audio.
- 3D printer experience e.g Objet.
- Interest in working in virtual reality.
- Technological problem-solving skills.
- Experience with onset/stage production data capture.
- Experience with 3D/VFX artist.
- Experience with Maya and/or Blender.
- Experience with Unity.
- Data capture pipeline development experience.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Experience with 3D and 2D data set representations and file formats.
Back to top