Data Analyst, Product Policy
(Dublin, Ireland – Menlo Park, CA – Washington, DC)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
More than 1.6 billion people use Facebook each month to connect with friends, family, and favorite public figures over the events and topics that matter most to them. As part of the Content Policy team, you will work with a highly talented and experienced team of subject matter experts on content policies for Facebook and Instagram. You will be responsible for understanding both Facebook and Instagram’s business priorities, helping the team craft and implement policies that best serve the company and the people who use our services.
We’re looking for a data analyst or data scientist with a passion for Internet technology and social science research to work with our product policy team. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into actionable policy insights on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative social science, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to answer policy-relevant questions
This role will be located at Menlo Park, CA; Washington, DC; or Dublin office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand complex, multidimensional policy questions.
- Partner with Policy, Data Science and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product and policy decisions and launches.
- This role has work across the following three areas:
- 1) Data Infrastructure
- Work using SQL-like data extraction languages.
- Authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework.
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Automating analyses.
- 2) Exploratory Analysis
- Translating raw data into usable insights.
- Evaluating and defining metrics.
- Identifying time trends and robust relationships between variables.
- Hypothesis testing and causal inference.
- 3) Presentation
- Communicating results of statistical analyses to product and policy teams.
- Conducting background research and literature reviews.
- 5+ years of data-related working experience
- Experience with statistical and data analysis using SQL, Python, and similar
- Experience visualizing data sets
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results
- Advanced degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science, or a related quantitative field
- HIVE experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top