Data Analyst, People Analytics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of Facebookâ€™s People Data Team, identifying areas for improvement, and building both long term and ad-hoc solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and operational background. SQL and Tableau proficiency is required.
This is a two-year short-term employment opportunity in Menlo Park, CA.
- Apply your technical expertise to help solve, inform, influence, support, and execute our HR business decisions for the People Analytics team and all of our clients (HR Business Partners, L&D, Diversity, People Growth, People Operations, Global Mobility, Benefits, and Equity)
- Use tools and programming languages like Tableau, Hive, Oracle, R, Python, Excel, Workday, Visier and many other internal tools to work efficiently at scale
- Maintain code-base (SQL) used to drive self-service tools, and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Create and iterate on solutions and dashboards to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Enforce best practices and alignment with research, forecasting, analytics, and engineering teams
- Effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams to deliver solutions in a timely fashion
- Respond to (or triage) any and all requests related to people data with minimal guidance or oversight
- Document requirements with stakeholders, and partner with People Insights and People Analytics on broader changes to core dashboards and solutions
- BA/BS in a field that emphasizes data analysis and visualization (e.g., computer science, social sciences, physical sciences, math, engineering, or statistics), or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience with SQL (or similar language aimed at querying relational databases)
- 3+ years of experience working with data visualization tools
- Knowledge with Excel (conditional formulas and formatting, charting, etc.)
- Experience with data management, specifically with validating and auditing data and reports from multiple systems
- Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software or other methods
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience processing and analyzing data sets, interpreting them for making business decisions
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product
- Customer-service experience
- 2+ years of experience with R, Python, or a similar scripting language
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
- The ability to have effective conversations with clients about their support needs and requirements
- Enjoys working primarily onsite in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience
- Strong project management skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top