Data Analyst, Media Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook has changed how we communicate with our friends and family and connected billions of people around the world. Our next step is building and supporting an informed community.
Media Operations is at the forefront of this mission. We support major media partners like the New York Times and Fox News and public figures like BeyoncÃ© and the pope. We help them launch new products. We protect them from impostors. We verify their pages. We take down hackers. We make sure our policies apply and, when they fail, we change them. We get more efficient every day, and we're looking for an analyst who's as excited as we are to build and support the future of media. This role is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Leverage visualization tools and data storytelling skills.
- Develop engaging dashboards and deliver data analysis to discover insights that help us onboard partners, support new media products, or scale our team's processes.
- Contribute to business decisions using analytical skills, with experience inspiring action based on data-driven insights.
- Utilize expertise in scripting languages and programming to automate processes with predictive algorithms that scale the team's impact and efficiency.
- Execute data development initiatives to make data stable, robust, and accurate in all core areas.
- Exercise influence and cross-functional collaboration to partner with product, infrastructure, engineering, data science, and operations teams to drive effective action.
- Define, track, and monitor key performance metrics, with the ability to uncover and present root causes of change.
- Quickly adapt between tools, technologies, and contexts to provide data-oriented support to multiple teams and objectives. Able to multi-task as needed to develop solutions and scale within a growing team.
- BA or BS Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of quantitative analysis experience, with development experience using SQL on large data sets within distributed computing platforms such as Hive/Hadoop/Redshift or similar.
- 3+ years of experience developing data visualizations and actionable reporting dashboards using tools such as Tableau, Domo, or similar.
- 3+ years of quantitative analysis experience in product or partner related.
- 2+ years of work experience in a scripting language (R, PHP, Python, Perl) or Haskell.
- 1+ years of business analysis experience including reporting, presentations, and communicating directly with stakeholders.
- 1+ years of work experience in applied statistics and/or data science.
Back to top