Data Analyst, Communications
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
More than 1.7 billion people use Facebook each month to connect with friends, family, and favorite public figures over the events and topics that matter most to them. The Data Comms team’s mission is to create data stories that highlight the many ways in which people come together on Facebook during those key moments, from a Super Bowl to the Grammys to a presidential election. We also partner with other Comms departments across Ads, Corporate, and Product to provide innovative insights that support critical public narratives within each functional area.
This position is full-time and based at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Conduct in-depth research on Facebook social conversations across sports and entertainment, in support of both consumer press and media partnerships
- Help the Ads/Monetization team craft a data narrative related to big consumer events
- Collaborate with internal product teams as newer platforms hit critical mass (Messenger, Groups, etc.) to explore strategic opportunities to tell data-driven press stories
- Work with Instagram researchers to ensure strategic alignment around certain big events
- Work with visualization peers to develop standard ways of displaying key data patterns
- Ensure the highest quality research standards, including prudent protection of user privacy, at all times
- 3+ years of data-related working experience
- Advanced degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science, or a related quantitative field
- Statistical and data analysis skills using SQL or similar
- Experience visualizing data sets
- Track record of operating independently being detail-oriented, and delivering results
- Willingness to occasionally work non-traditional hours to turn around insights as the next morning’s press stories are being written
- HIVE experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top