Data Analyst, Communications
(São Paulo, Brazil)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Each month, more than 1.7 billion people connect with friends, family, and their favorite public figures on Facebook to talk about the news, live events, and general topics that they find most engaging. The Data Comms team mission is to create data stories that highlight the many ways in which people come together on Facebook during those key moments, from the Champions League final to summer music festivals to the Brexit vote. The LATAM policy analyst role is our first local hire in the region, intended to expand our support capabilities for elections and key policy and news moments within Latin and Central America in general, and Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico in particular. This role will be responsible for enabling the local comms teams in each market to secure impactful media coverage around political moments that highlight the ways in which Facebook was helpful and connective.
- Conduct in-depth research on Facebook social conversation related to priority in-market elections, referenda, legislative votes, and similar news moments that have policy implications.
- Work across consumer and corporate press, as well as media partnerships, to plan ideal launch strategies
- Collaborate with internal product teams as newer platforms hit critical mass (Live Video, Messenger, Groups, etc.) to explore strategic opportunities to tell new stories related to policymakers
- Work with Instagram researchers to ensure strategic alignment
- Develop a visualization strategy for key partnerships, including collaboration with third-party vendors
- Ensure the highest quality research standards, including prudent protection of user privacy, at all times
- 7+ years of relevant working experience / local expertise
- Advanced degree in political science, public policy, psychology, economics, or a related quantitative field
- Outstanding statistical and data analysis skills using SQL or similar
- HIVE experience a major plus
- Experience visualizing large and diverse data sets
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to be scrappy and occasionally work non-traditional hours to turn around compelling insights as the next morning’s press stories are being written
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top