Dangerous Organizations Project Manager, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. The Safety team within Community Operations strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities through outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving peopleâ€™s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, is passionate about protecting users, and is excited to build systems to support millions of people. We value people who can strategically drive the team using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting people around the globe. We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity â€" a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
We are looking for an experienced, intellectually curious and autonomous project manager to lead large and impactful global projects across key safety areas for Facebook and Instagram. A big part of this role will be influencing Policy and Engineering teams as part of a strong and talented cross-functional teams representing operations.
- Develop an understanding of safety issues and the architecture and integration points of Facebook's community safety support processes, products, and policies
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Develop and lead global projects, establish working team goals, and work with team members and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams and influencing high level strategy
- Track and analyze key operational metrics to understand the investigations and abuse ecosystem and help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and Analytics to identify, influence, and execute our abuse fighting strategies
- Build relationships with global and cross-functional partners across policy to drive improvements to the safety and Dangerous Organizations spaces
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years experience working in an Operations, Project Management, Analytics, Product, or equivalent team
- 2+ years of experience initiating and autonomously driving cross-functional projects to completion
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience working in the technology sector or other relevant fast-paced environments
- Experience in working within the Trust & Safety, Security or Dangerous Organizations industry
- Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
- Knowledge of data tools such as SQL, SAS and or data visualization (e.g. Tableau) tools
- Additional language fluency
Back to top