CV/ML Research Scientist, Eye Tracking
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Come invent the future.
At Oculus Research, computer vision and machine learning (CV/ML) are vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will literally give people super powers.
If you're a software expert with deep knowledge of machine learning, particularly as it relates to computer vision, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment.
Join a world-class team of pioneers experimenting with breakthrough technology. There are opportunities to work on computer vision and machine learning technology for optics, graphics, haptics, tracking, mapping, simulations, and perception. Partner with expert research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and other brilliant software minds to build cutting-edge prototypes and create the technology that makes AR/VR universal.
Step into the adventure of a lifetime, as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Analyze, evaluate, design, develop, integrate, debug and test real-time ML components for advanced AR/VR prototypes and user experiences
- Profile and optimize the performance of complex CV/ML systems
- Develop machine learning systems for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, mapping systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience solving computer vision problems with machine learning, including experience in optimizing ML systems
- 3+ years experience programming in C/C++ or Python
- Experience with one or more machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe or PyTorch
- Experience with one or more computer vision and image processing frameworks such as OpenCV
- Proven track record of software development experience, including shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and integration systems
- Experience communicating and working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions
- Experience with computer architecture, including CPU data caching, SIMD instruction sets, and compiler code generation
- Experience with 3D mathematics, linear algebra and convex optimization
- Experience with one or more low-level graphics frameworks, such as Direct3D, OpenGL, Mantle, Metal, or Vulkan
- Knowledge of one or more GPGPU programming techniques, such as CUDA, OpenCL or DirectCompute
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top