Customer Service Operations Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. This role will be highly hands-on, creative, and collaborative across user input, operations, and engineering activities.Building 8 seeks a Customer Service Operations Lead who will work closely with The Product Launch Team for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. The CSO lead will serve as the voice of consumers, ensuring that our product development and service offering compels consumers to continue using our products, globally. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a two-year position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Create the customer service strategy to support our end consumers which includes building the reverse logistics and service footprint, focusing on the design of product returns operations.
- Support creation of a warranty cost model that aligns to our Go-to-Market Business strategy.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to be the outward facing voice of Customer Support services with external affiliates, proactively offering best practice and taking responsibility for service related requirements.
- Provide feedback to the product teams regarding service failures or customer concerns in addition to all stakeholders to ensure all customers receive the best experience possible.
- Develop and improve customer service best practices and playbooks that reflect commitment to achieving the highest standard of satisfaction, excitement, and loyalty, all associated with the product return.
- Directly or indirectly manage medium to large employee base. Ability to work independently during initial development stages.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, or a closely related field
- 10+ years of experience as customer service leader supporting award winning consumer electronics and related products
- 5+ years experience leading the build-out of high functioning customer service footprint across Americas, EU, and APAC
- Understanding of returns operations, and usage of emerging social media platforms to support customers
- Proven track record of delivering quality customer experience & service over a variety of channels
- Global experience in Consumer Warranty Policies, Legal and Tax Regulations
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% to global locations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top