Customer Operations - Product Manager, Internal Tools
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Identify interdependencies across teams and proactively clarify roles or any potential issues to ensure everyone's efforts are complimentary.
- Independently set priorities so the Tools Team can meet expectations from Customer Operations and Engineering.
- Be the intermediary between Customer Operations and the Tools Team
- Become a technical expert on all internal tools used across WhatsApp
- Support the building and debugging of this infrastructure as needed and diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate tool bugs to the Tools Team
- Analyze tools end-to-end to identify and prioritize key issues and opportunities
- Collaborate with other teams, e.g. Engineering and CO, to shape, support, and execute project goals
- Work cross-functionally to help prioritize Tools Team projects and communicate status, priority and impact of product changes to stakeholders
- Own end-to-end responsibilities for new features, such as: writing specs for the Tools Team based on requests from Customer Operations, updating documentation, developing the testing and rollout of new features and training the team on new features
- Be the point of contact for small requests regarding bugs and changes
- Work with the Tools Team during implementation, testing and roll-out
- Be the point of contact for all WhatsApp teams regarding Customer Operations' tools
- Help teams within Customer Operations optimize processes and define tooling needs
- Bachelors degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 1+ years customer support experience
- 1+ years program management experience
- 1+ years experience working in Operations
- Ability to use the iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Ability to balance independent tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- No international relocation
- Basic understanding of software development processes
- 4+ years of in-country experience within the last 10 years
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top